What’s the importance to your facility of staffing educated nurses?
A Health Leaders Media post from October 2014, suggests that it’s quite important — in terms of patient care of course — but also in terms of your financial bottom line.
The article quotes a study from the journal Medical Care which finds that investing in your nurses’ higher education makes excellent financial and business sense for hospitals and facilities. The researchers found that “patients who received 80% or more of their care from BSN-prepared nurses had 18.7% lower odds of readmission and 1.9% shorter lengths of stay. Researchers also found that a 10% increase in the proportion of BSN-educated care was associated with a 10% reduction in the odds of mortality.”
The study’s lead author, Olga Yakusheva, Ph.D., was quoted saying, “Ultimately, better patient outcomes are important,” but “hospital administrators are the ones that are stuck with the bill.”
Additionally mentioned is the Institute of Medicine’s 2020 goal for having no less than 80% of the nursing workforce having earned their Bachelor’s degrees.
Medical Solutions believes not only in facilitating the best possible patient care but also in doing whatever we can to help our Clients successfully manage and maneuver their operations. We also believe that a happy Traveler makes for a happy assignment, so we love to help our Travelers reach their professional best.
That’s why we recently relaunched our RN to BSN program with the new Medical Solutions RN to BSN Academy — a win-win for Travelers and facilities alike.
Here are some of the benefits and perks Travelers can expect from the new RN to BSN Academy:
- 100% online and crafted especially for working RNs — do your work from anywhere with an internet connection, any time of day or night
- Flexible start dates
- Financial assistance package, including books and tuition
- No need to take out more student loans
- One-on-one relationship with an academic advisor dedicated to your success
- Strengthen your skill set and resumé while you continue to work and travel
- Earn your BSN in 12-24 months, depending upon any credits you transfer into this transfer credit friendly program
- Graduate from highly respected, CCNE accredited Nebraska Methodist College
- Be prepared for better compensation and greater access to leadership roles such as educator and practitioner
And, as mentioned above, the perks for your facility include better patient outcomes and a healthier financial bottom line!
Click here to learn more about the RN to BSN program, and be sure to share this information with any Travelers you think might benefit from it.