The reputation of healthcare staffing companies with their clients hospitals is dependent on a lot of factors, but none is more important than the quality of nurses and allied health professionals they provide. Which is why most of them will go through great lengths to ensure that the travel nursing candidates they submit are not only highly qualified, but also good fits for your unit’s culture.
What is their screening processs?
One key thing to look for in a healthcare staffing company to see how committed they are to a thorough screening process is an outline of their nursing candidate screening process. You want to make sure that they are putting candidates through:
- Background checks
- Licensure verification
- A review of appropriate skills for their clinical area
- Experience Verification
- Interviews to make sure they are a good fit and have the traits of a good travel nurse like being a hard worker, flexible and able to easily adapt to new environments.
Do they offer growth opportunities?
You also want to make sure that the healthcare staffing company provides opportunities for and encourages the professional growth of its nurses and allied travelers by offering things like:
- Free CEUs
- Specialty Certification Reimbursement
- RN to BSN Tuition Assistance
- And other educational opportunities