U.S. News & World Report recently released its prestigious annual honor roll for the nation’s top hospitals. The Mayo Clinic earned the No.1 spot on the list for the second year in a row. Meanwhile, Cleveland Clinic won second place and John Hopkins Hospital followed closely behind as the third best hospital in the nation.
The report ranks thousands of hospitals by procedure and by specialty areas, with top performers segmented by region. This year, the publication refined its methodology to include the socioeconomic status of a hospital’s patient population as well as other factors that might affect the rankings.
Below, you’ll find the top 10 hospitals for 2017-2018:
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Cleveland Clinic.
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore.
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston.
- UCSF Medical Center, San Francisco.
- University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers, Ann Arbor.
- Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles.
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital.
- Stanford Health Care-Stanford Hospital, Stanford, CA.
- Hospitals of the University of Pennsylvania-Penn Presbyterian, Philadelphia.
Did your hospital make the list? See the full report here.