In the healthcare industry, 2017 was the year of change. From healthcare reform to the implementation of a value-based care system, healthcare executives had a lot on their minds. Amid all this uncertainty, it’s clear hospital leaders were looking for ways to boost staff morale. As we look back, here are Healthcare Staffing Blog’s top 5 posts of 2017:
- National Nurses Week 2017 Toolkit: At Medical Solutions, Christmas tends to come early as we celebrate Nurses Week in May. So, we alerted our readers to Nurses Week resources and tools to help them join in the celebration. Clearly, the topic piqued our readers’ interest. You can read more here.
- 4 Successful Strategies to Improve Nurse Staff Engagement: As the second-highest viewed post of 2017, this article proved that retaining quality clinical talent remained a top priority for healthcare leaders. Learn more about our suggestions here.
- Top 3 Nurse Recruitment Strategies: Likewise, hospital leaders were just as interested in industry-leading recruitment efforts as retention rates. In light of the ongoing workforce shortages across the nation, this fact comes as no surprise to many industry experts. You can check out our recruitment recommendations here.
- 5 Ways Travel Nurses Benefit Your Facility: Among other benefits, research has shown that Travel Nurses can help your facility increase patient satisfaction scores and combat nurse burnout. Read about the reasons why healthcare organizations started utilizing Travel Nurses more in 2017.
- The Case for Collaborative Staffing: Dr. Karlene Kerfoot, BSN, RN and Chief Nursing Officer at GE discussed collaborative staffing with Healthcare Staffing Blog. Find out how this new hospital staffing management style could benefit your facility today.
Is your facility ready for 2018? Tell us in the comments below what you’d like to read about in the upcoming year!