U.S. News & World Report just released its 2016-17 Best Hospitals rankings. Only 20 hospitals out of nearly 5,000 evaluated earned the exclusive distinction this year. Last year, just 15 hospitals made the cut.
The publication recently revamped its honor roll process this year. According to the U.S. News & World Report’s website, hospitals now not only received points for how high they ranked in the 16 Best Hospital specialties, but also for how many “high performance” ratings they received on the nine Best Hospital procedures and conditions.
Below are the top 10 hospitals:
1. Mayo Clinic (Rochester, Minn.)
2. Cleveland Clinic
3. Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston)
4. Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore)
5. UCLA Medical Center (Los Angeles)
6. New York-Presbyterian University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell
7. UCSF Medical Center (San Francisco)
8. Northwestern Memorial Hospital (Chicago)
9. Hospitals of the University of Pennsylvania-Penn Presbyterian (Philadelphia)
10. NYU Langone Medical Center
You can view the complete Best Hospitals Honor Roll as well as a breakdown of the specialties and procedures they scored highest in here.
Did your facility make the list this year?